Volunteers available to help you find what you’re looking for…
Handouts including Schedules of Events, Agricultural Education Materials and more.
Sponsors: JB Seafood; Keeney & Basford Funeral Homes; Visit Frederick
Automated Teller Machines are located throughout the Fairgrounds.
Restrooms are open to the public throughout the Fairgrounds.
Family Rest Area
Presented by C.E. Rensberger Family Builders.
A 20′ x 30′ structure tent during the 9 days of the Fair that offers mothers and fathers of infant children, nursing mothers and families with an adult special needs situation a semi-private comfortable enclosure for nursing and/or changing purposes.
The interior elements of the Family Rest Area:
- a changing station (or 2)
- a nursing area (or 2) that may look similar to a dressing room in a department store with a rocking chair or arm chair for the mother to sit and relax as she nurses
- AND also provides visibility to a center play area in case she has a another child with her, they can play or read in sight!
- The play area is somewhat enclosed 2’ or 3’ round/rectangle walls, perhaps with a padded or carpet floor for children to crawl or sit and play
- Items in the play area may include: books on bookshelf, toys, play house, not too much but enough to occupy many different age children as their mothers have the opportunity to do what they need to do.
- Limited complementary items such as: diapers, wipes, cream, etc.,
- Perhaps a table for child to eat while waiting
- Depending on weather, fans
Sponsors: C.E. Rensberger & Family Builder